Saturday, December 1st, 2018 the EastSide Boosters conducted a 3 hour Visioning Session attended by approximately 100 East St. Cloud residents, business owners, and government officials.
The purpose of the Visioning Session was to:
- Identify the changes facing our neighborhood and discuss our strengths and challenges related to them as we move forward.
- Get to know our neighbors better.
- Discuss our assets, strengths and opportunities, as well as our challenges.
- Identify and prioritize areas the East Side should focus upon over the next two to three years to become an even better place to live.
- 9:00 Welcome, Introductions, Purpose and Review Agenda
- 9:15 An Activity on Change and a Formula for Managing Change
- 10:00 Table Discussion on Assets and Challenges on the East Side
- 10:45 Report out on Assets and Challenges
- 11:00 Table Discussion on all items above SWOT Analysis
- 11:30 Planning and Prioritization around Areas of Focus
- 11:45 Wrap up, next steps, and evaluation
- 12:00 Adjourn
The Participants Were Asked:
- What are the best things about the East Side? Why do we love living or working here?
- What are the Not-so-Hots or things that we could be better about the East Side even Better?
- What are some specific ideas, projects, or activities that would address our concerns, utilize our assets, and make the East Side and even better neighborhood for all of us?
Desired Outcomes From Each Area of Focus:
- If we were really, really successful addressing this focus area, what would we see specifically different…looking ahead 1 to 3 years? What would there be more of? Less of? Done better?
- Who or how will we benefit?
- We will know that our efforts to address this focus area have been successful when the impact on the East Side or that we have had will show in the following ways…
- The two most important “indicators of success” are…
- People or Organizations that need to be involved
- Why we need to involve them
- As we report on this Focus Area at the end of one year, here are some of the achievements we want to point to:
Action Steps for Each Focus Area:
- Step(s) to take
- Person Responsible
- Resources Needed, if any
Task Forces Identified:
- Task Force Name
- Members of the Task Force
- We need to add to this Task Force
- The Point-Person of this Task Force
- Their position and email Address
- All of the information described above and collected at the Visioning Session will be summarized and documented on this web site - estimated completion by January 15, 2019.
- Email notification will be sent to all participants that provided an email address that the preliminary findings of the Visioning Session are now available for review - estimated completion January 15, 2019.
- Task Force teams will need to begin reporting their progress as action steps are completed.